law enforcement DEPARTMENTs
Fists < Nightstick/Taser
Melee Weapon (Including Brass Knuckles) < Taser
Taser/Knives < Pistol
Pistol < Shotgun
Shotgun < SMG/AR
“Badge#, 10-code, Location, Description, Do you need additionals”
Ex. “861, in an active 10-80, south bound elgin ave, w/ a black in color two door, requesting 32s”
“861, 10-11, West bound adams apple, w/ a blue 4 door, no 32s needed)
Once suspect is detained:
- Read suspect the miranda rights prior to searching them.
- Search for suspects for weapons or illegal items/drugs, ONLY take those items.
- Also confiscate their radio AND phone (the phone will be returned to the person after they are processed and/or sent to jail, radios are not to be returned).
- ID suspect by asking where their identification is located before viewing their ID. If it’s located in a personal spot (ie: in a female’s bra), make sure they are cleared of weapons before uncuffing them to hand it to you and then recuff them. If a suspect attempts to walk away, use non-lethal to subdue them.
- If a suspect is injured, take them under custody to Pillbox Medical before booking, if no EMS is available to treat on scene. If injuries require attention at the hospital, make sure to /do hand cuff to bed before doctors proceed with treatment.
- Transport suspect to holding cell at MRPD (Sandy & Paleto PD also have holding cells).
- Ask if they would like to contact a lawyer, if not proceed to book the suspect.
- Fully fill out the MDT/report with the provided template.
- If a suspect does not have a photo in the MDT, take them to processing and add one.
- Fine suspect the appropriate fines & send them to jail/community service.
- All traffic stops require probable cause for the stop, whether due to seeing someone get into a car after having Reasonable Suspicion for a crime, or having evidence of a traffic infraction or other crime.
- You must signal for the suspect to pull over for a traffic stop by going Code 2 (Lights) and sounding your siren to get their attention. If they fail to yield to the side of the road, call 10-80 on dispatch and follow Chase Situation SOPs detailed in 2.3
- Once the suspect is pulled over, ascertain how many people are in the vehicle, color/make/model of the vehicle, and vehicle license plate. Run the vehicle license plate to see if the registered owner has a warrant or other issue with the owner/vehicle. If the suspect has a felony warrant, proceed with a Felony stop (Code 5) detailed in 2.2
- Call a 10-11 (Traffic Stop) over the radio, announce location, description of the vehicle, and if you will be requiring an additional unit.
- Get out of your vehicle and approach the car typically on the driver’s side. Make contact with the driver, ask them if they know why they’ve been pulled over, get their ID, then inform them why they’ve been pulled over. At this point you ask them to stay where they are while you run their information on the MDT in your car. If the driver returns with a warrant, proceed with a Felony Stop detailed in 2.2. If not, proceed with the next step.
- Return to the suspect’s car, return their ID to them, and explain the infraction again. Give them a citation or let them go on a verbal warning based on your discretion. Have them wait until you’re back in your vehicle before they leave. Call 10-8 over the radio when you are clear from your traffic stop.
- Additionally, typically the only person detained during a traffic stop is the driver unless you have reasonable suspicion otherwise. If a passenger wants to leave the car and leave the scene, they may, unless you have reasonable suspicion that they have been involved in some crime.
- Reasonable Suspicion is a reasonable presumption that a crime has been, is being, or will be committed. It is a reasonable and articulable belief based on facts and circumstances and is informed by a police officer’s training and experience. Reasonable Suspicion is seen as more than a guess or a hunch but less than Probable Cause. The police may stop and detain an individual if they have satisfied Reasonable Suspicion in order to question them or search them. If an officer cannot articulate his reasonable suspicion for detaining someone, then any arrest that may come after will not hold up in court.
- Examples of Reasonable Suspicion:
- Suspect is seen fleeing or intentionally hiding after seeing a police car.
- Suspect threw some objects away upon seeing an officer.
- Suspect matches the description of a wanted individual and is in an expected area for the crime/call.
- Examples of Reasonable Suspicion:
- Probable Cause is the logical belief based on facts and evidence that crime has been, is being, or will be committed. Probable Cause must exist to arrest someone or obtain a search warrant. The officer must be able to articulate the facts and circumstances forming the basis for Probable Cause. If an officer cannot articulate his probable cause and his lawful reason for bringing charges to bear, then the arrest will not hold up in court.
- Examples of Probable Cause:
- Personally witnessing a crime occuring.
- Finding contraband upon a search of the suspect.
- Examples of Probable Cause:
- An example timeline for reasonable suspicion and probable cause:
- Officer responds to the scene of a drug sale, witnesses state the person in question was a white male with black hair.
- Officer sees a white male with black hair in the rough area where the call originated – Reasonable Suspicion established
- Officer stops and detains the suspect, begins questioning him and searches his person.
- Officer finds marijuana on the suspect – Probable Cause established
TECHNICAL MANUALS & Rank permissions
- Use /cctv # to view specific cameras, each camera number can be found here.
- Use /cctv again to exit the camera.
|Num 4 – Tilt Left||Num 8 – Tilt Up||Num 5 – Tilt Down||Num 6 – Tilt Right|
- Evidence collected from suspects must be properly cataloged as soon as possible from the moment of collection or processing. Contraband, weapons or other seized items must be recorded, with exact quantities and descriptions, and deposited directly into the evidence locker.
- You must not pass the evidence off onto another officer or individual for them to catalog. You are directly responsible for ensuring the chain of custody of evidence items
- Evidentiary items that have a broken chain of custody or a chain of custody that cannot be clearly shown in court may not be allowed to be submitted as evidence in court.
- Ensure any and all vehicles have been searched on scene if they were involved in any type of criminal activity.
- The officer who searches the suspect will be the one to process them, unless an FTO with a cadet.
- The minimum rank to get certified to train new officers is Sr. Officer.
- In order to receive this certification, officers will undergo a series of mock scenarios with a senior officer posing as an underperforming cadet. It will be up to the officer to correct this behavior and advise correct protocol.
[Charge] | [Suspects Full Name] | [(Badge #) Full Name] | [Date] | [Time]
801 Robert Gunn (IO)
800 Dusty Outlaw
[(Badge #) Full Name]
[Persons Full Name]
[Persons Full Name]
[Witness Full Name] stated, ……….
[Witness Full Name] stated, ……….
What happened from the IO point of view.
CHIEF OF POLICE
LOS SANTOS POLICE DEPARTMENT
Cadet : /setjob (ID) police 0
Officer : /setjob (ID) police 1
Senior Officer : /setjob (ID) police 2
Corporal : /setjob (ID) police 3
Lead Corporal : /setjob (ID) police 4
Sergeant : /setjob (ID) police 5
Lieutenant : /setjob (ID) police 6
Captain : /setjob (ID) police 7
Deputy Chief : /setjob (ID) police 8
Asst. Chief of Police : /setjob (ID) police 9
Chief of Police : /setjob (ID) police 10
BLAINE COUNTY SHERIFFS DEPARTMENT
Deputy : /setjob (ID) police 12
Lieutenant : /setjob (ID) police 13
Captain : /setjob (ID) police 14
Major : /setjob (ID) police 15
Chief Deputy : /setjob (ID) police 16
Under Sherriff : /setjob (ID) police 17
Sherriff : /setjob (ID) police 18
SPECIALTY / UNDERCOVER / DETECTIVE
Detective : /setjob (ID) police 11
Important Things To Remember
- Do not stack charges.
- 180 months (3 hours) max time.
- Try to involve lawyers and judges in your RP.
- Good RP = Less Time.
- If a player has been stuck in a jail cell for a very long period of time, count some of that as “time served” in jail, instead of sending for a full amount of time.
- LEO’s are encouraged to give tickets to players standing around not moving from a single location for extended periods of time, “loitering”.
- Officers that are not wearing “body cam” will be held to the same standards as all other Civs when it comes to player or scenario reports. No evidence = admin discretion of what to do with the situation.
- If an LEO RP’s that you are cuffed while down or to a hospital bed, you must RP that you are unable to move from that location/are handcuffed. Running away is failRP.
- Red stop lights are to be considered as stop signs.
- Players with an LEO character & gang character, cannot investigate or participate in police investigations that involve their character.
- If an officer responds to a gang battle event area, they may be shot on sight.
- If an EMS/LEO cannot see you while down due to de-sync, put in a /report
- If you can’t see the plate on the car or the car doesn’t have a plate, the car can’t be ID’d using the automatic license plate reader. If a vehicle is found parked or impounded, police need to physically RP out checking vin numbers to get plate numbers.
- 1 pursuit vehicle can be “on patrol” with the same number of people it takes to rob Pacific Standard “Big Bank”.
- If a player has a cop & gang character, do not directly involve yourself in gang related investigations that involve your gang character, this would be considered meta/power gaming.
- Players cannot steal EMS or LEO vehicles.
- LEO players/cars/trunks may not be robbed of any weapons.
- You are not allowed to chop your own vehicle OR gang/business vehicles. This is a strikable exploit.
- Once a successful pit and box maneuver is done, the original criminal chase vehicle is to stop moving (no more driving off when officers get out of their vehicles) and is taken out of the scenario. If a criminal chooses to continue the scenario, they may only flee on foot/perform GTA or commence a shootout.
- Shooting outside of cars while driving at high rates of speed is not allowed. Drivebys can only be done with RP prior AND going 20mph. Shooting from car to car can only be done at 50mph or lower.
- The Liberator is NOT to be used for crime. Period. If anyone is caught using it for robberies, against the police or anything other than civ RP scenarios.
- It is against the rules to remove plates on cars from the extras menu to perform crime to try to hide illegal acts from police. We are aware that some cars have bumper/plate for cosmetic reasons (show cars) and that’s fine. Using the extras menu to remove the plate is against our rules and will result in a strike. It’s OP and unfair to both civ players & officers (especially since the plate remover script was removed).
- Low level police corruption is allowed under sergeant level only. Above this rank corruption is not allowed.
- No EMS or LEO corruption is allowed while on duty.
- The selling of PD weapons and physical evidence (ie weapons, drugs, etc) is not allowed, if caught, it will result in IC being fired from PD and an OOC strike. Low level corruption is allowed, just not the sale of equipment.
Kidnappings & Hostages
- LEO can only be kidnapped if 4+ officers are on duty (1 cop will be required to be on in order to harm EMS players on duty).
- With 2 EMS and 3 officers on duty, players can kidnap EMS players from Pillbox. (If it becomes farming again, we will need to talk to individual players doing it because griefing is against the rules).
- Civilians can be kidnapped with zero cops on.
- If a LEO or EMS is kidnapped while on duty, their tracker can be removed by kidnappers and must be mentioned in a /report by the kidnappers immediately after being removed, so that a staff member can take that player off duty.
- Hostages cannot be held longer than 30 min unless the scenario progresses and all parties involved are pleased with the scenario.
- You can’t kidnap or rob the same player repeatedly, this can be classified as griefing.
- Hostages should be put in the trunk of a car/SUV (4 seats taken, use the trunk)
- Hostages are NOT to be /carry ‘d on a motorcycle.
- Hostages must not be a willing participant for hostage takers. If caught, all players will be subject to punishment.
- Players can only be robbed of their belongings and money on their character and not their bank account.
- Motorcycles may not be parked inside of a building.
- If LEO’s/criminals/gang members have a shooter in the bushes/across the street, they are required to announce their presence, but not their location, so it isn’t considered RDM. Unarmed lookouts do not have to be announced.
- You may rob 1 store clerk every 10 minutes, this prevents chain robbing and unrealistic criminal activity.
- Only 4 criminals/gang members are allowed to commit crime together at one time (robbery, lookout, driver, etc). However you can rob a BANK with 1 more criminal compared to cops. Ex. 5 Cops online you can rob a bank with 6 people.
- There must be:
- 1 officer to hold up a shop owner and NPC muggings.
- 2 officers on duty to do a jewelry/store robbery.
- 3 officers for Fleeca Bank and Pacific Standard.
- Players in supervisor positions will be required to be active in-server at least 2-3 days weekly to maintain their departments. Staff discretion will be used for removal of said players from those roles due to inactivity.
- Inactive gangs or businesses will be removed or migrated to other players after a month of inactivity at the discretion of the staff team.
- If you manage a business, it is your responsibility to keep your society account filled, paying your employees and hiring players into said business.
- If a player leaves the server, it is up to the discretion of the staff team to sell or foreclose on any property they may have invested in after a month of inactivity.
- If you are the leader of a gang/cult/organization and you are inactive for a month, but the group is still active within the server, the group will be handed off to the secondary higher up player in said group at the discretion of staff.